Ingredients: Serves 4
1 quantity shortcrust pastry (bought mine at Tesco’s!)
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 courgette, trimmed and sliced
125g Stilton cheese, crumbled
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 large eggs, beaten
200ml creme fraiche
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry and use to line an 18cm/7inch lightly oiled quiche or flan tin, trimming any excess pastry with a knife.
2. Prick the base all over with a fork and bake blind in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the pastry from the oven and brush with a little of the beaten egg. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
3. Heat the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the onion and courgette for about 4 minutes until soft and starting to brown. Transfer into pastry case. OPTIONAL: I also added chopped and cooked chicken breast! 🙂
4. Sprinkle and the Stilton over evenly and top with the halved cherry tomatoes. Beat together the eggs and creme fraiche and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the filling into the pastry case and bake in the oven for 35-40 minute, or until the filling is golden brown and set in the centre. Serve the quiche hot or cold. 🙂
The recipe I’ve used was from Biscuits, Baking and Cakes: The Essential Recipe Cookbook. This book was a gift from my little brother. 🙂